Strong Advocates For The Elderly
Placing a spouse, parent or family member in a nursing home is a leap of faith. You are trusting the facility to provide the care and supervision that you cannot.
If that trust is breached and your loved one has been abused or neglected, the legal team at Palillo Law can help you take legal action. Our lawyers have successfully sued nursing homes throughout New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
Nursing Home Negligence And Abuse
Nursing home neglect and mistreatment takes many forms:
- Bedsores – Painful and dangerous wounds on the bony parts of the body that develop when bedridden patients are not repositioned at regular intervals
- Fractures or head trauma – Falls from beds or wheelchairs, falls from walking without assistance
- Malnutrition and dehydration – Failure to monitor patients or assist them with eating and drinking
- Physical or sexual abuse – Assault by a staff member or another resident
- Emotional abuse and punishment – Verbal abuse, threats, excessive restraints, overmedicating
- Untreated medical conditions – Failure to diagnose or delay in transferring to a hospital
Abuse and neglect often occurs because of understaffing, negligent hiring, lax supervision and another mismanagement. We hold nursing homes accountable to the standard of care established by the state of New York. Our lawyers take action to examine patient records and incident reports, as well as previous complaints and lawsuits against the facility.
Trust Your Suspicions And Call Palillo Law
Do you suspect your loved one is being mistreated? Are you unsatisfied with the facility’s explanation of bruises, fractures or an unexpected death? Trust your instincts, and let our attorneys investigate. Your loved one deserves to be compensated for their pain and suffering, and for the costs of medical intervention or arranging for alternative nursing care.
You and your family member are in good hands with our experienced personal injury attorneys. Please reach out to us today for a free consultation. We can meet you at our office in Tribeca or discuss your concerns by phone or video. Call 917-997-1013 or contact us online. We take cases in all five boroughs of New York City, as well as Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties.